Step 3: Setting up your events agenda
Your events agenda plays a crucial role in b2match. The agenda has several uses through out the whole platform.
- The agenda is a representation of your event
You can structure your events content into sessions and tracks. This information is used to display yours event agenda on the event website.
- Participants can sign up for specific sessions during registration
When creating a session you can set if the session should be available inside the registration. This enables participants to follow for which sessions participants have signed up. Additionally organisers can set a limit on specific sessions.
- Sessions are used to specify when matchmaking takes place
An session that is intended to be used for matchmaking can hold the information how many tables are available and how long the meeting duration is. This determines how many potential meetings can take place during that session. A matchmaking session is therefor the foundation for meetings to take place.
Sessions during Registration (left), A participants personal agenda with already scheduled meetings inside (right)
How is the Agenda structured?
The agenda consists of sessions, which are the basic building blocks for structuring your events schedule. A typical session is usually something like a keynote or a workshop. A session can also by used to manage matchmaking by making it a matchmaking session.
Tracks are used to group sessions by topic or theme.
Creating a Session
To create a session click on Agenda on the right hand side navigation and click on Add Session.
- Enter a Session Title for your session.
- Specify on which day the session will take place and at what time it will start and end.
- Enter the location where your session will take place.
- Give your session a description to communicate what its content is.
- Assign your session to a track to group it.
- Choose if this session should be visible in the registration. Sessions that are not visible during registration will be automatically added to the participants' schedule. This is useful for general sessions like Introduction/Welcome, Lunch, Coffee Break, After party etc. Optionally, you can enter a maximum number of participants for the session. If the limit is reached, the registration will not be possible anymore for this session.
Make sure you add the Matchmaking Sessions to the registration as the participants need to select at least one matchmaking session in order to be able to send and receive meeting requests.
- Choose if this session will be used for matchmaking. If so, specify how many tables will be available during this session and specify the duration of a single meeting. Meetings usually take between 15-30 minutes.