Creating a New Event
Go to admin.b2match.com and log in or, if you are a new customer, register first.
After signing up and confirming your email address, you will get your event overview. Create your first event by clicking on Create new Event and entering the basic information about your event.
- Enter your event's name. Keep it short and enjoyable.
- Add a description of the event in one or two sentences. This information is used for search engines and will not be displayed on the event website. The maximum of characters allowed is 156 characters.
- Choose the event's main topic. This will will improve your search engine results and makes your event searchable on https://events.b2match.com.
- Add the event's main language.
- Add the event's date.
- If event does not have a location, tick This event does not have a location. If you do so, the details specified in points 7-11 will not be displayed. Keep in mind that you can also create a menu page for the location details on the website.
- Choose the venue's time zone.
- Choose the event's country.
- Add the event's city.
- Add the event's postal code.
- Add the event's street.
- Specify a subdomain or an URL for your event. Keep it as short and simple as possible. Use small letters, numbers and the hyphen '-' . Other punctuation marks are not allowed.
Examples of good subdomains: futurematch, medica, swiss-startup-day, foodmatch.
b2match covers the possibility to use a custom domain as well (eg. www.my-event.com).
b2match standard website provides you with a website for your event with standard settings, to which you can add content: text, pictures and hero image (banner).
If you already have a page for your event, you don't need the b2match standard website. You need to add the URL of your event website and to connect the b2match platform to it. Tick My event has already a website and I want to connect it and add the url as you see in the example (https://event-name.com)
- Click on Create Event. A basic event website is set up and you are ready to configure your event.
After choosing your event from the event overview, you can configure your event by selecting Configuration in the left sidebar. b2match offers many features and we would definitely recommend you to spend some times inside the settings, to get a good understanding of what can be configured inside an event.
According to your needs, your event's website can be in draft mode, which means that it is only visible to the owner of the website; or published, which means that it is accessible to the public. Read more on draft/published
If you don't already have a page for your event, b2match provides you a tool which enables you to customise a basic event website.
You can view your event website by clicking Go to participant website in the top navigation.
You can edit your event website by clicking on Website Editor.