Step 2: Creating a new event
Go to admin.b2match.com and log in or, if you are a new customer, register first. After signing up and confirming your email address, you will get your event overview. Create your first event by clicking on Create new Event and entering the basic information about your event.
- Enter your events name. Keep it short and enjoyable.
- Specify a subdomain for your event. Keep it as short and simple as possible. Use small letters, numbers and the hyphen '-' (other punctuation marks are not allowed).
Examples of good subdomains: futurematch, medica, swiss-startup-day, foodmatch.
b2match covers the possibility to use a custom domain as well (eg. www.my-event.com).
- State the location or venue where your event will take place.
- Specify when your event will take place.
- Categorize your event by tagging it with topics. The tagging will will improve your search engine results and makes your event searchable on https://events.b2match.com.
- Click Create Event! A basic event website is set up and you are ready to configure your event.
After choosing your event from the event overview, you can configure your event by selecting Configuration in the left sidebar. b2match offers many features and we would definitely recommend you to spend some times inside the settings to get a good understanding of what can be configured inside an event. For now we will try to give you a quick overview about the most important settings you should take care of after setting up an event.
You can view your event website by click Go to participant website in the top navigation.
According to your needs, your event's website can be in draft mode, which means that it is only visible to the owner of the website; or published, which means that it is accessible to the public.