Participant types are used to group specific types of participants.
The ability to group participants by a type gives organiser the power to manage them efficiently and to perform certain actions and rules on them. When participant types are defined, participants are asked during registration what participant type the are associated to.
Main purposes for applying participation types:
- Booking rules - determine which participants can be booked by which participants (examples: only buyers should be able to book sellers, local companies should only be able to book foreign companies) via Configuration - Booking Rules.
- Visibility rules - determine which participants can be seen by which participants (examples: visitors can only see the exhibitors, not other visitors) via Configuration - Event Information - Participants Visibility - Private Participants List.
- Registration rules - related to agenda selection - which participants can select specific event sessions (examples: students should not see the Gala Dinner session and register for the matchmaking session) set in Configuration - Registration Settings - Registration Rules.
- Payment - if the payment is enabled for your event, ticket rules can be set based on participation types.
Examples of typical participation types:
- Buyer and Seller
- Investor and Start-Up
- Exhibitor and Visitor
- Local Company and Foreign Company
Participants groups empower participants to find suitable partners for meetings by giving them an effective way to filter the participants on the website.
Furthermore, the participation groups can be used to adjust the registration process and payment fees by limiting which tickets are selectable by a certain participation type.
Creating a Participant Type
- Click on Configuration in the left hand navigation panel, go to Participant Types and click Add Participant Type
- Give your participant type a Name and optionally add a description.
- Maximum amount of meetings - you can optionally define the maximum number of meetings which participants of this group can have during matchmaking sessions. Please note that if this number is zero, the participants associated with this participation type will not be able to book any meetings.
- Visible in the participant list - you can decide if the participant type will be visible in the participant list and on the participants profile page.
When there are at least 2 participation types visible, then the participation type filter is displayed in the participants list on the website.
- Enabled/Hidden - you can define whether participant types will be visible in the registration. Used when you want to assign specific registration, booking or visibility rules to special participants (VIP guests, free tickets, etc).
If only one participant type is enabled, the participants will not be prompted for the participant type during registration. It will be automatically assigned to each participant.