When payment approval is enabled, participants are not allowed to pay until the organiser validates their profile and payment.
The participant will still be able to pick tickets during the registration. However, they will be able to pay at a later stage, after the organiser’s validation.
When to Use Payment Approval
- When free or significantly cheaper tickets are assigned to specific participation types
- When certain tickets need to be bought by specific participation types only
- When promotions codes need to be assigned after the participants’ registration
Approving Payment for Participants
- Go to Payments and click on the participant for whom you want to approve the payment. The window with the participant's detail will appear on the right
- Go to the Attendance and Payment tab
- Click on Confirm Payment
- Choose the date when the payment was completed and click on Confirm
The participant validation process remains the same.
Payment Status in the Participant List
Paid - payment has been confirmed
Free - participant picked free tickets or used promotion codes
Waiting for approval - organisers haven't approved payment
Pending - participant paid via bank transfer the organiser have to check the bank account to make sure that the participant truly paid
Refunded - payment has been refunded.
For the participant, the participation type is the concept which differentiate them from other participants and enhances the matchmaking (buyer vs. seller, startup vs. investor). For the organiser, participation types are used to group participants by type in order to distinguish them in the system and to apply booking rules. All in all, Participation Type is a concept helping differentiate participants and should be separated from the tickets and tickets price.
This will avoid the participants’ tendency to choose the free or low-cost tickets and will give the organiser the ability to better control the payment process.
b2match offers you a variety of options which you can use to manage different participant types. You can easily hide participation types by setting it in the event’s configuration. Contact us in order to help you customise your invitation links.