Participants Inability to Book Meetings
There can be several reasons for which the participants cannot book meetings.
If it’s the case, check the following:
- Attendance - in order for a participant to be able to book meetings, they need to choose to attend at least one of the matchmaking sessions; also, in order for 2 participants to be able to meet, they need to have at least one matchmaking session in common. You can check a participant’s attendance in the participants’ list in the organiser’s tool where you need to click on a participant - Edit - Attendance. You can also edit their attendance here.
- Booking rules - make sure one of the booking rules does not prevent the participant fro booking meetings. You can do that by going to Configuration - Booking Rules.
- Maximum meetings per participant - make sure you haven’t defined a certain number as maximum meetings per participant. Go to the the participants’ list in the organiser’s tool where you need to click on a participant - Edit - Settings - Maximum Meetings.
- Maximum meetings per participation type - make sure you haven’t defined a certain number as maximum meetings per participant type. Go to Configuration - Participant Type - Edit - Max Meetings.
- Lack of time-slots available - your event or one of the participants is fully booked. A mean to gain more time-slots is to add tables to the matchmaking sessions. Go to Agenda in the organiser’s tool, edit the matchmaking session and adjust the number of tables in the session options.
The participants will be displayed as Not available in the participants' list on the website. To see the reason, click on one participant's profile and check the Meeting Status information box.
Contact us if all the criteria below has been checked and the participant is still unable to book meetings.