The virtual meetings are meetings taking place through a video communication tool, with participants taking place in them remotely.
Events which would need the virtual meetings solution
- events having plenty of pre-scheduled meetings which should not get lost
- events which aren't cancelled and still want to manage B2B meetings, but virtual.
Keep participants informed
- add an announcement on top of the home page
- email all participants via Messages (Outbox)
How It Works
Overall, the virtual meetings happen similarly to the face-to-face ones, with the exception that they take place remotely, through video conference, or they involve at least one remote participant who will take place at the meeting through video conference. The scheduling and request modes remain the same, as set by the organiser in the organiser's tool. The participants need to use a computer with integrated webcam or a webcam.
As an organiser, you need to decide on one situation below.
- the event goes fully virtual
In this case, all the meetings will take place online.
- the event takes place with both on-site and virtual meetings
Some participants will physically attend the event, while others will participate in the meetings remotely. In this case, the organiser needs to edit the participation types accordingly (On-site and Remote) and collect the data from the participants - whether they will physically participate or not. This can happen as follows:
- by using the participation confirmation to ask participants to confirm or cancel the attendance; if they cancel their attendance, they need to register again and choose the virtual participation type.
- by sending them an email and asking them to reply whether they will participate remotely or physically. In this case, the organiser needs to manually edit the participants' participation type. Participants who will attend remotely, need to update their time zone in their profile.
As seen during registration
In case the organiser will opt for both type of participation (on-site and remote), participants will be prompted to choose if they're attending the event online or if they will be physically present at the event.
If additional participation types are defined, they will be displayed afterwards.
The participation type can be edited in Configuration - Participation Type. If, let's say, investors will be attending both face-to-face and virtual meetings, we need to have two types of investors: On-site and Remote.
The rest of the registration will happen as usual, with selecting the attendance and filling in the profile information.
How participants will be displayed
On the Participants list on the website, it will be displayed which participants will be available remotely, for the virtual meetings, and which participants will be available for the meetings on-site.
When accessing the participant's profile, click on the Meet Online button, under the profile photo.
Depending on the settings chosen by the organiser, the meeting will be automatically accepted, pending, or the system will prompt the participant to choose a time-slot for it.
After the meeting has been requested, the information about it will be displayed under the profile photo: the date and the time of the meeting, if scheduled; whether the meeting will take place online or on-site; the time remaining until the meeting.
Meetings taking place remotely
At the agreed time, click on the Start Meeting button, which you can find in the participant's profile or the participant's meetings list.
Participants will constantly see the time remaining for their meeting. The displaying window will turn red once the meeting has ended. When clicking on the next meeting, the running meeting will end and the next one will start.
A virtual meeting can be started at any given time before its ending time.