If you are an organiser with years of experience, the following situation might seem familiar: the matchmaking sessions are fully booked but participants would like to have more meetings. This situation could be easily managed if you could implement one of the measures below in order to gain more slots.
- add more tables to the matchmaking session if they would be physically available;
- shorten meeting duration.
However, these are not possible for some events, for different reasons.
b2match helps you solve this situation by enabling the meetings without location.
Setting up Meetings Without Location
- create a matchmaking session for each time-slot by following the instructions here
- contact us, as we need to enable this at our end as well
- consider setting up a meeting point at the event, flagged by a banner, which can be easily spotted by the participants who will have these meetings
- let the participants know about this possibility by sending them an outbox message.
Meetings Without Location as Seen by Participants
When accepting a meeting request, the participant will see the time-slot preferences, as set by the organiser in the organiser's tool. The first option is selected by default (12:20 in the image below).
When the participant clicks on one of the time-slots with no location, which will be marked in yellow color, the following message will be displayed automatically: There are no free tables in this time-slot. You can still have a meeting, but you need to arrange the meeting location by yourself.
After accepting the request, the meeting details will be displayed in the Meeting Information area. Instead of table or booth number, the system will show the text Custom location. Participants can also agree on a location by messaging one another.
After accepting the request, the meeting details will be displayed in the participant's agenda. Instead of table or booth number, the system will show the text Custom location.